en.swpat.org is a wiki. You can edit it. It may contain statements End Software Patents does not endorse.
 Pro-swpat lobbying
 Bilski amicus briefs
In 2008 and 2009, Philips submitted amicus briefs asking the courts to rule that software ideas are patenable:
- in re Bilski: http://www.patentlyo.com/patent/bilski.philips.pdf
- Bilski v. Kappos: http://www.abanet.org/publiced/preview/briefs/pdfs/09-10/08-964_RespondentAmCu3SoftwareCorps.pdf
 Software patents held by Philips
Philips holds a patent on a "pop-out-context-menu" (EP249293), granted by the EPO despite the EPO claiming not to grant software patents.
 What relation with Sisvel?
Philips and others granted a licence under the patents to Audio MPEG Inc. with the authority to grant a (sub-) licence to Sisvel, which authority has been used. Philips and others also granted an irrevocable power of attorney to Sisvel to act for and on their behalf in court on account of the patents
Sisvel's website's About us page says they're (now) separate.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- FFII's page about Philipshttp://eupat.ffii.org/players/philips/index.en.html
- http://www.webwereld.nl/nieuws/19599.phtml (partial English translation)
- You thought paying Sisvel ended your license concerns? (Sisvel was contracted by Philips to enforce mp3 patents)
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: