en.swpat.org is a wiki. You can edit it. It may contain statements End Software Patents does not endorse.
Dell is a computer hardware company.
 Lobbying for software patents
(Note: siding with MS on patent issues is usually a bad thing, but in this case MS was the victim of a software patent, so it's possible that siding with them was the right thing to do. Analysis welcome.)
 Software patents used against Dell
- 3D patent suit extended to Dell, HP, IBM, Sony, others
- InNova v. 36 companies (2010, USA)
- U.S. Ethernet Innovations v. many (2009, USA)
- The Baboon Inc. v. Dell, cv-09-1198 (USDC CD Cal.) case (ongoing as of Nov 9th 2009)
- Webvention LLC's US#5,251,294
 Other info
Dell also filed an amicus to support Microsoft in the case I4i v. Microsoft (2009, USA):
- Lucent loses $1.5b award in Lucent v. Gateway, Dell, & Microsoft
- Groklaw: The Dell amicus brief, PDF and text, HP's as PDF (i4i v. Microsoft)
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: