Microsoft sells patents to OIN, 2009
According to Red Hat, Microsoft's sale "also used marketing materials that highlighted offensive uses of the patents against open source software, including a number of the most popular open source packages."
- "the mechanisms the Linux industry has constructed to defend Linux are working" (a little exaggerated, and maybe not the best message to give during the month when a real solution could be worked on by submitting an anti-swpat brief for the US Supreme Court's review of Bilski)
 How to help improve this article
- The following are requests for information that the wiki doesn't currently have. Help sought! For a list pages that have a section like this, see the Category:Pages with todo.
- Is the price paid known?
- Can we confirm that they were the OpenGL patents?
- Was it all of the OpenGL patents?
- Did the sale actually take place in September 2009? I thought I read somewhere happened in June.
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: