ADDING LINKS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED - if you want to add a link, just put a space in it so that it doesn't work. The admin will then fix the link for you very quickly. This will be fixed as soon as I have the new spam blocking system in place.
Microsoft sells patents to OIN, 2009
According to Red Hat, Microsoft's sale "also used marketing materials that highlighted offensive uses of the patents against open source software, including a number of the most popular open source packages."
- "the mechanisms the Linux industry has constructed to defend Linux are working" (a little exaggerated, and maybe not the best message to give during the month when a real solution could be worked on by submitting an anti-swpat brief for the US Supreme Court's review of Bilski)
 How to help improve this article
- The following are requests for information that the wiki doesn't currently have. Help sought! For a list pages that have a section like this, see the Category:Pages with todo.
- Is the price paid known?
- Can we confirm that they were the OpenGL patents?
- Was it all of the OpenGL patents?
- Did the sale actually take place in September 2009? I thought I read somewhere happened in June.
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: