False accusations of patent infringement
- NOTE: this is just a very rough page to note a few things...
- Note: this has some overlap of scope with Examples of use for sabotage. I might tweak the titles of these two. Could, for example, make this one about laws and the other about examples.
- Some companies use (fake) patent accusation claims as a way to harm their competition or in the hope of being given money by the accused to keep quiet (for example, if they're just about to do an IPO or launch a new product and don't want the associated bad press).
- The don't do this in Germany. Germany has a law that stops them, and I've seen that it works really well. Must check what that law says...
- In March 2014, the US Supreme Court gave a ruling that seems to say that false accusations can be prosecuted as "false advertising". We'll have to wait and see how much of an effect this ruling will have...
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: