en.swpat.org is a wiki. You can edit it. It may contain statements End Software Patents does not endorse.
David Martin on software patents
On business method patents, an LA Times article quoted Martin in February 2003:
"If you're selling online, at the most recent count there are 4,319 patents you could be violating," said David E. Martin, chief executive of M-Cam Inc., an Arlington, Va.-based risk-management firm specializing in patents. "If you also planned to advertise, receive payments for or plan shipments of your goods, you would need to be concerned about approximately 11,000."
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Patent Litigation Risk Characterization - of which Martin is the author, with Peter Beling
- A study by David Martin showing that trolls do patent around published ideas (published patents) in the USA
- This supports the claim that with software patents, Publishing information is made dangerous
- E-Commerce Battles 'Me'-Commerce
- 2 minute speech excerpt about how patents might be a bubble waiting to burst (transcript)
- Wikipedia: David E Martin
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: