Apple v. Samsung preliminary injunction by Dutch court on 24 August 2011
- This is one of the cases from the Samsung v. Apple lawsuits worldwide overview.
 Dutch court somewhat upholds software patent?
TO BE CONFIRMED.
This ruling is only a "preliminary injunction", the result of request for a fast decision, so it carries a little less weight in terms of creating case law.
A Dutch court ruled that Apple's patent EP2,059,868, on "method of scrolling", was violated by Samsung.
- Apple accused Samsung of violating three patents:
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- (in Dutch) The courts ruling of injunction, 24 Aug 2011
- Apple v. Samsung, District Court The Hague, The Netherlands, 24 August 2011, joined cases 396957 / KG ZA 11-730 and 396959 / KG ZA 11-731, 24 Aug 2011, EPLAW
- Netherlands judge rules that Samsung Galaxy S, S II violate Apple patents, bans sales, 24 Aug 2011, engadget
 Documents and translations published by the court
- Court grants interlocutory injunction against marketing of Samsung smart phones Galaxy S, S II and Ace
- (in Dutch) KG 11-0730 en 11-731 Apple - Samsung.pdf - official ruling, includes the patents in English
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: