Who funds NZICT?
NZICT's membership page lists 10 "Tier 1" members, 14 "Tier 2" members, and 63 "General" members. Their Joining page explains that the annual fees are NZ$25,000 for Tier 1 members, NZ$8,000 for Tier 2 members, and NZ$750 for General members. The membership takings for 2010 are thus:
- NZ$250,000 from the Tier 1 members (61.1%)
- NZ$112,000 from the Tier 2 members (27.4%)
- NZ$47,250 from the General members (13.5%)
- (total: NZ$409,250)
What percent of funding comes from outside New Zealand
(Can you help? Can someone with more knowledge of local companies look at the members list and develop this section?)
At first glance, at least NZ$199,000 of their annual membership fees (NZ$409,250) come from foreign companies:
- Foreign companies paying Tier 1 fees: Cisco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Ingram Micro, Microsoft, Unisys
- Foreign companies paying Tier 2 fees: Fujitsu, Lenovo, Infosys
Who are the Tier 1 funders?
Their "tier 1" members are:
- NZICT homepage
- NZICT - unwarranted influence on Software Patents?, 3 May 2010, Dave Lane
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: