ADDING LINKS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED - if you want to add a link, just put a space in it so that it doesn't work. The admin will then fix the link for you very quickly. This will be fixed as soon as I have the new spam blocking system in place.
Interval Licensing v. 11 big companies (2010, USA)
- Current status: case rejected by judge on 11 Dec 2010, appeal possible until 28 Dec 2010.
Interval Licensing is run by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. It began life as Interval Research, which failed and transfered its patents to Vulcan Patents LLC, which in turn passed the patents to Interval Licensing LLC.
 The patents
- 6,263,507 - Browser for use in navigating a body of information, with particular ...
- 6,757,682 - Alerting users to items of current interest
- 6,034,652 - Attention manager for occupying the peripheral attention of a person in the
- 6,788,314 - Attention manager for occupying the peripheral attention of a person in the
- (Google's patent search says that those last two patents are identical. Strange.)
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- The suit (pdf)
- Interval Licensing v. AOL, Apple, eBay, Facebook, Google, etc., 27 Aug 2010, Patently-O
- Microsoft Co-Founder Launches Patent War, 28 Aug 2010, WallStreetJournal
- Paul Allen Files Patent Suit Against Apple, Google, Yahoo, Others, 27 Aug 2010, Slashdot
- Paul Allen vs. The Internet, 27 Aug 2010, SeattlePI Microsoft Blog
- Paul Allen v. The Internet, 27 Aug 2010, The Prior Art
- Paul Allen Sues Google, Apple, Others Over Patents, 27 Aug 2010, InformationWeek
- The Inside Scoop on Paul Allen’s Big Patent Lawsuit, 27 Aug 2010, Forbes blogs
- Paul Allen sues Apple, Google, Facebook, others over Web patents, 27 Aug 2010, ComputerWorld ("Google and Facebook blasted the lawsuit as "unfortunate" and "without merit."")
- International equivalents of Apple's, Oracle's and Paul Allen's patents-in-suit, 30 Aug 2010, Florian Mueller
- Paul Allen's Complaint Against the World, as text, 30 Aug 2010, Groklaw
- Paul Allen v. the World lurches forward - Judge says no delay on initial disclosures, 2 Nov 2010, Groklaw
- Google et al respond to Paul Allen with Motions to Dismiss, Sever - A Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On, 10 Oct 2010, Groklaw
- Google et al Argue with Paul Allen's Interval Licensing: One Big Case or 11? Or None?, 18 Oct 2010, Groklaw
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: