en.swpat.org is a wiki. You can edit it. It may contain statements End Software Patents does not endorse.
Analyses of the patentability of specific ideas
Examples are very important for testing legal wordings. If you want to propose a test that should exclude software from patentability, you need to check it against at least these examples:
- Anti-lock braking example - software-implemented or software controlled?
- mp3 audio example - are audio signals "applied natural science"?
- digital camera image processing example - if a photographer could do it them self, is it software?
- Cabinet for the blind - does it matter if the reading cabinet contains hardware, software, or a human?
- Is resource usage technical? - if it makes computer hardware use less resources?
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Pen and paper patents
- CSIRO wifi patent - a hardware or a software patent? forum
- Example software patents - reading software patents might give ideas for how to spot others
- Computer simulations and representations
 External analyses
If someone finds it worthwhile, wiki pages might be written about some of the analyses linked below. So if something disappears, take a look in the category.
- FFII: Sennheiser's patents still valid, regarding infra-red audio communication
- FFII: Tomography patents still valid
- FFII: Automatable medical diagnosis
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: