ADDING LINKS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED - if you want to add a link, just put a space in it so that it doesn't work. The admin will then fix the link for you very quickly. This will be fixed as soon as I have the new spam blocking system in place.
OOXML has been accepted by ISO as a standard, but the process was riddled with complaints and ISO's approval should be seen more as a failing of ISO than of a confirmation of OOXML.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- No OOXML's page of patent issues
- 2007: Patent threat looms large over OOXML
- Grokdoc: Patent rights to implement the Ecma 376 specification have not been granted
- 2008-02-??: IP Issues with OOXML - Who's Afraid of the GPL?, by Brendan Scott
- The Contradictory Nature of OOXML (includes some info on patents)
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: