en.swpat.org is a wiki. You can edit it. It may contain statements End Software Patents does not endorse.
How to avoid a specific software patent
 Avoiding a specific patent
- Avoid the patent
- Get a licence
- Overturn the patent (for many reasons, it happens frequently that Invalid patents remain unchallenged)
 Avoiding all patents
There is one way, and only one way, to avoid software patents with certainty: Use software from 20 years ago.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Campaigns to avoid patented ideas
- Use software from 20 years ago
- Infringement is unavoidable
- Cost of patent searches to avoid infringement
- The Dangers of Software Patents (2004-05-24), where Richard Stallman talks about ways to avoid specific patents
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: