ADDING LINKS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED - if you want to add a link, just put a space in it so that it doesn't work. The admin will then fix the link for you very quickly. This will be fixed as soon as I have the new spam blocking system in place.
How to avoid a specific software patent
 Avoiding a specific patent
- Avoid the patent
- Get a licence
- Overturn the patent (for many reasons, it happens frequently that Invalid patents remain unchallenged)
 Avoiding all patents
There is one way, and only one way, to avoid software patents with certainty: Use software from 20 years ago.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Campaigns to avoid patented ideas
- Use software from 20 years ago
- Infringement is unavoidable
- Cost of patent searches to avoid infringement
- The Dangers of Software Patents (2004-05-24), where Richard Stallman talks about ways to avoid specific patents
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: