ADDING LINKS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED - if you want to add a link, just put a space in it so that it doesn't work. The admin will then fix the link for you very quickly. This will be fixed as soon as I have the new spam blocking system in place.
Acacia Research Corporation
Acacia Research Corporation is often called a patent troll.
Acacia also operates via its many subsidiaries, IP Innovation LLC, or the names Acacia Technologies, or Acacia Media Technologies, among others.
 Suing, losing to Red Hat and Novell
 Winning against Apple
 Companies bought by Acacia
- EFF page about an invalidated Acacia patent (See also: EFF)
- Acacia has drawn criticism from a judge in the USA for failing to explain how an accused company infringes their patent
- Skype, EBay Win Patent Case on Appeal, 8 Oct 2009, PCWorld - a case Acacia lost
- Companies trying to cash in via licenses, lawsuits, 2005, CNet
- Big Patent-Licensing Deals Push Acacia Earnings to a Stunning High, 25 Oct 2010, Patent Litigation Weekly
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: