ADDING LINKS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED - if you want to add a link, just put a space in it so that it doesn't work. The admin will then fix the link for you very quickly. This will be fixed as soon as I have the new spam blocking system in place.
2009 patent litigation study
 Page 4
- "In 2008, 2,896 patent infringement actions were filed"
- Patent litigation filing is increasing 1.5 times faster than patent application filing
 Pages 5 & 6
- "Damages awards for NPEs have averaged more than double those for practicing entities since 1995."
- "The median damages award for patent holders who are NPEs was more than triple the award for practicing entities over the last seven years."
 Page 7
Chart 2C is a list of damages awards exceeding $100 Million: 2005 to 2008. There are ten cases; four or five of them seem to be about software patents.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Studies on economics and innovation
- Rethinking the European ICT agenda, 2004, also by PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Patent trolls
- The study: 2009-patent-litigation-study.pdf
- PwC Study Shows Patent Trolls Are Thriving, law.com
- Slashdot discussion
This wiki is part of the End Software Patents (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: